Looking for a healthy crunchy snack? Try these roasted chickpeas, a great make-ahead snack the whole family will love! This snack that travels well and keeps for several days! Half a cup of chickpeas is 100 calories, 6 grams of protein, and packs 5 grams of dietary fiber. They are also a good source of potassium, and magnesium and are naturally vegan and gluten free! This crunchy snack can be seasoned with savory, or sweet flavors and is simple to make at home!
- 1 (15-oz) can of low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Spread out over paper towels to dry.
- Once dry, place chickpeas in a medium bowl. Drizzle olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle spices over chickpeas, toss to coat.
- Spread seasoned chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden brown
- Let cool and enjoy!
- No time? Roasted chickpeas are available at some grocery stores but may be higher in sodium.
- Experiment with sweet, and savory flavors to find the best blend for you!
- This recipe is great made ahead of time and portioned into snack packs for work or school!
Nutrition Information: Makes 2 servings. Calories 175, Total fat 3g, Saturated fat 0g, Sodium 474mg, Potassium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary fiber 11g, Sugar 0g, Protein 11g.